PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES:
We recently had our first parent/teacher conferences a few weeks ago. I always stress about conferences. I feel like it is a direct reflection on the parents. How long and hard you work with your children that boils down to a 10 minute conference. Everyone had their certain areas that they need to work on, but thankfully everyone is respectful and a good class citizen. Only 6 more months until I feel like a loser again.
VOLUNTEERING AT THE SCHOOL:
Now that Georgia is in Kindergarten, I have more time to volunteer at the school. I'm there 3-4 times a week working in the three different classrooms. I can honestly say I LOVE spending time there. I helps me know all the kids in the various classes. I can benchmark where my kids are with math facts and reading levels. I get to know the teachers and they know me. I love when my kids mention things about their classmates, I know who they are talking about.
CANNERY
I had the opportunity to serve at the cannery a few weeks ago. I love going there and seeing the church "in action". There are so many opportunities to serve there and I appreciate the efforts of the service missionaries. It is the "go and do" of the call to serve.
Several years ago, I took my kids to Welfare Square in Salt Lake where the temporal affairs of saints were live in action. I guess I really love seeing service in action. I love seeing people wanting to make a difference. I hope I can serve a mission there someday.
FALL AND RUNNING:
Fall is by far my most favorite season. I get giddy when we have overcast days. The mountains look majestic right now. The trees in our yard are starting to shed their leaves. I've been making a lot more soup and rolls for dinner and we've been turning our fireplace on in the mornings. I'm one happy girl!
I also love "crunchy leaf" runs. I headed up the canyon this morning and time felt like it stopped. The trail looked like a Nike Poster with a canopy of trees and leaves covering the ground. I had a smile on my face for the entire run. I was sad that my 10 miles were over.
Running has been going well. I haven't been racing lately and my next big race won't be until 2014 (except for the turkey trot...but that won't be big). It has been nice to just run with no major race pressure. I haven't had any major injuries and have continued with my strength training. I've been training with some amazing gals and I'm grateful for their insights and company.
I've been writing a few blog posts about my recent running journey. Running is such a huge part of my life and I feel like I still have a lot to learn. Writing about it helps me sort out my thoughts. Someday I will posts those thoughts...but I still need to polish them up.
No comments:
Post a Comment