Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Little Trip....Readers Digest Version

As I mentioned earlier, Tim earned an incentive trip through work.  So we spent 13 glorious days tromping through Europe.

Day 1/2:
Travel/Rome (very rainy) (visited Vatican Museum, St Peters Basilica, Spanish Steps, Tomb of the Unknown Solider):

Listening to the Rick Steve's App at Vatican City in the Rain

St Peter's Basilica with Rick Steve's

Day 3:
Traveled to the port to get on a cruise boat

Day 4:
Naples, Italy (visited the Pompeii ruins, Sorento and Amalfi Coast)
This was one of our favorite stops.  It included a 7 course homemade Italian meal with an amazing view!!


Amalfi Coast


Pompeii Ruins


Amalfi Coast
Day 5:
Sicely, Italy (Lots of shopping, cannoli and gelato eating!  We went here on our last trip to Europe)



Day 6:
Day at sea (caught up on some much needed sleep)

Day 7:
Dubrovnik, Croatia (visited old city ruins and ate lunch at a local's house that had a 500 year old olive press)






Day 8:  Split, Croatia
(We just walked around the city....probably our least favorite day)


Day 9:
Koper, Slovania (We visited an amazing cave that had a HUGE raging river running through it.  We also had local lunch.  It was extremely beautiful!)

Exiting the cave

Cave entrance

Cave name (say that name fast three times!!!)



Beautiful country!


Day 11/12:  Venice, Italy


St Marks Square



I was totally perplexed by the hanging laundry everywhere.  I kept asking our tour guide about it.  I can't imagine hanging clothes on a line that small for a family of 6!


We found a licorice store that had the most amazing sweets.  

Yummy licorice!








Our water taxi




Chillaxin' in the taxi!


We got to see how blown glass was made!


Day 13:  Travel home

We had the most amazing time.  Heavenly Father has created such a beautiful world and I'm so very grateful I've been able to see snipits of it!  And it was pretty awesome to come home and give all my babies a big LOVE!


1 comment: