Friday, April 15, 2011

Privacy...(and a little spring break)

So this cute muffin got the hammer dropped on her.  A new big girl bed and POTTY TRAINING!  Though we've tried to throw those diapers away a few times, we've never had a "W" on the scoreboard.



But this time Mom was ready to stick to her guns and get this job done.  We made a "SUPER SPECIAL" potty chart, complete with Dora stickers, and a BIG bag of jelly beans.  After 4 potty successes, a major prize was awarded (bowling, Mcdonalds and the motherload of a prize "a night at a hotel").  Shoot, I would have taken her to Disneyland.


But she was still really struggling.  UNTIL one day, I had to leave her in the potty alone to answer the phone and BINGO - a potty success.  I finally realized this sweetie needed her privacy.  I guess it was a bit too much to have 3 siblings in your face while your trying to take care of business. 

Ever since this big discovery, we have been on the road to success and reap all her rewards.

We went bowling one morning:




I'll post the rest of our spring break and potty reward pictures as soon as we are finished enjoying them!

2 comments:

  1. What I great idea! I will have to keep that in mind when I start having kids :) You are so creative Toby!
    -Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. With Jayce fast approaching 6 (our personal deadline for diapers at night), we've been promising the moon and stars for him to go in the potty. I might have to see if a hotel is enticing!

    ReplyDelete