I had the lesson for Family Home Evening last week. Samuel the Lamanite was the main topic of our lesson. We've been trying to make our FHE's more meaning so they "stick".
We've had the kids read from their scriptures. What a treat, as a parent, to hear your children read from the scriptures.
We made a Rice Krispy wall that our plastic Samuel the Lamanite stood on.
We talked about how sometimes we have to do things/not do things that might not be popular. We have to stand up for what we believe is RIGHT even if others don't - just like Samuel.
I hope my babies remember that.
Then we ate our wall.
And it was delish.
Such a cute idea! I might have to steal it :)
ReplyDeleteThat is a great idea! I need to put a little more planning into our FHEs. The kids would love this.
ReplyDelete